Thursday, November 24, 2011

In honor of Thanksgiving...

Hello blog followers!



I just wanted to stop by earlier in the week to spread a little fun thankful cheer for the Thanksgiving season. I have a lot to thankful for, but I'd like to share a personal testimony that I'm particularly thankful for.


My sweetie and I went to my friend Elaine’s house one Saturday morning to bring her some gas. She and her husband managed to run out right down the street from the house and ended up pushing the car home. As Hou and, one of my best friends mind you, stood by the front of their jeep talking, her husband tried to get the jeep started. By some freak accident the clutch popped when he turned the key to see if the car would start and it lurched forward.


The jeep had suddenly plowed down the love of my life and my best friend! She had fallen on top of him and they were pinned beneath the driver’s side tire. Needless to say I freaked! I possibly just saw this man kill my man and my best friend! I was hysterical! I beat the hood repeatedly screaming for him to back up. When he complied, I rushed to their aid.


Talk about divine intervention! They were alive and had suffered only minor injuries. Hou had a bruised his tail bone from impact to the ground and a goose egg sized lump on the back of his head and Elaine had a broken toe and bruises up the right side of her body from the tire.


We didn’t know this, of course until we went to the ER. Neighbors saw what happened and called an ambulance. They asked us what happened when we arrived and we explained no one believed us. How could you get ran over by a jeep Cherokee and live to tell the tale? Of course, all that changed when they saw the tread marks on the scrub pants they cut off Elaine to check her out.


I am extremely thankful that my man or best friend wasn’t really hurt or worse, killed because that was a real possibility, in that accident. I would have needed some heavy duty counseling that I truly can’t afford to ease the crushing pain my heart would have suffered at the lose of the two most important people in my life. Country songs would have been written about me.


Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, my friends! Take this time to look inside yourself and find who you’re thankful for. They could  be lost to me in a blink of an eye. Tell them how much you love and care for them now while they can hear you. You never if that will be the last time you have to say so.


Jaxx
Jaxx website

No comments: