Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hop into day 5!



Jaxx Steele back atcha to show you my ghost story. With Halloween coming I thought it appropriate. In Ghost of a Second Chance there are rituals, superstitions, family secrets, disbelief, sacrifice and ghosts of course.
Carter is a young practical and logical man. Believing in ghosts never occurred to him. It was the stuff of fiction, but because he has a good heart he comes out of his closed mind to help a ghost live again. Here is a look at part of the ritual he had to endure.


Carter McDaniel inherited a house in New Orleans from a relative. His plan was to go there, claim the home and the sell it as soon as he could to get back to his life in Indiana. While there he was asked to complete a ritual to help free a ghost that had been trapped for over two hundred years. Carter didn’t believe in ghosts, but the more he learned the more he wanted to help. Could believing in ghosts change his destiny?


Excerpt:

“Carter…Carter, wake up.”
The soft masculine voice caressed his ear pulling him from his sleep.
“Hmm,” he said sleepily.
“Open your eyes, Carter,” the voice insisted.
Carter’s lids fluttered then opened. Looking up from his reclined position he saw a man. As his eyes focused, they widened at the sight of him. He drifted along the ceiling looking down at him.
“What the hell!”
“No, Carter, don’t get up. I will come closer to you.”
He descended slowly toward the bed. The closer he got to Carter the clearer his translucent features became. His cat-like eyes were as smoky as the rest of him and held no distinct color. Along with a strong jaw line and full sensual lips that still held their form his handsomeness was evident albeit strange to behold.
“How do you know my name?”
“I have been with you ever since you left my house.”
His brows furrowed. “Your house? What are you talking about? Who are you?”
“My name is Jean-Pierre Petit. I’m a ghost. I have come to you to ask for your help so that I may be set free.”
Carter laughed “This is a joke, right?”
Jean-Pierre’s features did not change.
“So you’re saying you’re a real ghost?”
The apparition nodded.
“Well if that’s the case then we have a problem. I don’t believe in ghosts.”
“Never the less I am here and I am a ghost.”
Carter rose to his elbow and Jean-Pierre sat on the edge of his bed. “Let’s say for argument’s sake that I’m awake and you are a ghost, why are you here?”
“I want your help.”
“My help? To do what?”
“To be free.”
“Yeah, okay. Look Jean-Pierre, I’ve had a long day. I did some sightseeing after I took care of some business and the time change thing has completely worn me out,” he muttered beating his pillow. “So if it’s all the same to you, I’m going to force myself back into REM sleep, okay,” he added and let himself fall back.
“What can I do to convince you that I am real? In order to help me you will have to overcome your disbelief.”
“Then I’m not your guy, JP. I don’t believe in ghosts,” Carter repeated firmly.
“Let’s see if this changes your mind. Though I cannot feel pleasure for myself, I am capable of giving pleasure.”
Carter felt the unmistakable pressure of lips touching his. The kiss felt as real as any other he had ever experienced. His eyes popped open but almost immediately he forced them closed. He gasped disappointed when they left moments later. Jean-Pierre’s mouth against his cheek felt just as good. The gentle pecks moved down to his chest. He jumped when Jean-Pierre brushed against his stomach.
“You have nothing to fear, Carter. No harm will come to you.”
He’s right. You can’t be hurt in your own dream.
Though he remained a little apprehensive Carter did relax some. After he had broken up with David right after the Fourth of July barbeque, Carter chose to be off men to focus on work.
Did sex in a dream count?

 Available now at Secret Cravings Publishing

Make your comments below!

Jaxx 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sensual and mysterious!

vitajex(at)Aol(dot)com

Unknown said...

New Orleans ghost stories are always high on my list! Thank you for posting. wendynjason04@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Another one for Halloween. I love a good ghost/medium read. Thanks fot the excerpt =)

humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good read.

schan26.wisc(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Stories with ghosts are one of my favorite, especially when they are the other MC. Nice to see a little of your take on it.

Carolyn
caroaz [at] ymail [dot] com