Friday, December 14, 2012

Let the Candy Cane Kink hopping begin!

Hello Hoppers!
Welcome to Candy Cane Kink! I love this time of year. Everyone wants peace and love for their fellow man, cookies are freely passed around (I love cookies) and no other time do strangers say hello and great you well wishes for the new year. I enjoy Christmas time so much I have written 3 Christmas stories with several more to come. I will share a different one with you during this hop.  Leave your comments below and be entered into the pot to win one of my Christmas stories. Commentors choice! So come back on the 17th and the 21st for a greater chance at winning.

It was Christmas time again and Evan was celebrating the same ole way. Not hanging with the fellas or enjoying a secret Santa exchange at a party, but back at his sister's house. This year, however, would be a little different for Evan. This year he would learn that being a Good Samaritan had tangible benefits as well.

Excerpt:

“Holy shit!” Evan said in a shushed whisper as his cup made a thud on the counter. “That’s Mimi’s boyfriend? Hell! Ray wasn’t even that cute.” He opened the cabinet and shifted the contents about until he found one that resembled his own. “She said she was going to see him tonight, so why would she leave before he even got here?” He snatched a paper towel from the nearby spool to remove any water spots. “What the hell am I supposed to do with him until she gets back?”

Evan moved to the freezer and dropped two ice cubes into the glass.

He grabbed the other ingredients from the refrigerator to make the man’s drink and retrieved a fresh bottle of cognac from an adjacent cupboard to finish it off. Before leaving the kitchen, Evan refilled his cup and gulped down the amber liquor, then poured more. The swing door leading to the living room was only partially open when Evan reversed and went back to the counter. He put the drinks down and pulled his phone from his pocket.

“You have reached Mariah. I can’t get to the phone, but if you leave your name and a brief message—”

“Great.”

Evan closed his phone and stuffed it back into his pocket before the message finished. He shook his head and left with the drinks. “Sorry it took so long, Nikolai. I had to find something to mix your drink with. I hope eggnog is all right. I even added some extra cinnamon to it to boost the flavor,” Evan explained handing him one of the snifters.

“Yeah, nog is fine. Thank you.”

Nikolai sat in the other high backed chair. He had taken off his coat, and seemed relaxed with his right boot resting on his left knee. Nikolai’s position gave Evan a good view of his the bulge in front of his jeans. The blue button down shirt he wore tucked neatly into the waist was separated by a large belt buckle with a Batman symbol on it. Small tuffs of blond curls peeked out the top of the collar. The same blond hair covered his head in a short neat cut that gave him a sweet boyish look. Evan turned away from him and returned to his chair.

“This is really good. Thanks, uhh...”

“I’m sorry, Nikolai. My name is Evan. I’m Mariah’s brother.”

Evan leaned forward and the tingle in his hand intensified when Nikolai grasped it in a firm handshake. He looked up from their hands and Nikolai’s gaze locked onto his. Nikolai’s eyes were blue and extremely intense. They bore into his core, pulling on something very primal deep inside of him.

“Nice to meet you, Evan. I didn’t even know Mariah had a brother.”

“Well she just told me about you, so she probably just hasn’t had the chance to mention me.”

“Yes, I guess so. But you know,” he paused to pull Evan closer to him, “now that you’ve said something I do see a family resemblance.”

“Really? Most people who knew our parents said Mariah looked more like our father and I resembled our mother.”

“Well I don’t know about that, but I do see that you guys have the same beautiful eyes. Whose feature is that?”

“Uh, well, that would be my father. He was the one with the dark eyes.”

“Dark? I’d say that was an understatement.” He ogled Evan further.

“Your eyes are as dark as the night sky. They even sparkle when you speak, as if there were stars there.”

Evan looked down at his hand. Nikolai had squeezed it gently as he spoke. The pressure sent a shock to his loins awakening them immediately. Slowly he pulled his hand out of Nikolai’s and sat back in his chair. Evan reluctantly took a closer look of the man out the corner of his eye. Nikolai had leaned forward to rest on his knees as he indulged in his drink.

The fire lit the room enough for him to get a good look at him. The man was fine as hell and the crackling light emphasized his handsome features. Red, blue and green Christmas lights flashed on and off over his white skin accentuating his strong Russian nose, angular jaw line and slender lips. Flames danced invitingly in his gaze. Evan could have sworn he saw a spark of lust in those brilliant blue eyes that focused on him. He hid a disbelieving snicker in his glass.

Must be the liquor talking to me. Why would Mariah’s new boyfriend be looking at me with interest in his eyes?

Evan cleared his throat and tore his eyes away. He sipped from his glass then gestured toward him. “So Nikolai, tell me a little about yourself.”

“Well, I just recently moved to this pleasant little town of yours, and I think I like it. It’s big change from Chicago, but I’m getting used to it. I’m thirty-three years old, six foot two and a hundred and eighty-five pounds. My favorite color is brown, my favorite food is homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon bits in it and I’m a Leo. Did I leave anything out?” Nikolai asked with a laughing grin.

Evan chuckled in his cup before taking a drink. “That’s funny, but I meant stuff like, where did you and my sister meet or what do you guys like to do together. You know, stuff like that about you.”

“Oh. Well, when you ask me a question you need to be more specific and less sexy. It distracted me.”

Christmas Nick for Everyone is available now at Phaze




4 comments:

Natasha Blackthorne said...

Thank you for hopping with us. Happy Holidays.

JeanMP said...

Great excerpt!
Happy Holidays
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I am loving this blog hop...such sexy books on display.

josiehink122026(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Looks Sexy!!! Nice excerpt!
I love doing hops cause I find so many awesome books and new authors to stalk!! Merry Book-mas to me! Merry Kink-mas to one and all!

grapeapril75(AT)gmail.com